Tuesday 16 September 2008

What's going on here then?

I have been meaning to do it for a while, actually. One day I scanned the world and had a rather worrying thought. All this famine, war, credit crunch, global warming business is rather depressing. Then I had two more thoughts. The first thought was that Credit Crunch would be a good name for a cereal, but the crunchy cereal market is probably a difficult one to penetrate. The second thought was that what the world really needs right now is a blog where someone talks crap about football, in a slightly philosophical vein. I decided to go with the latter.

Me: I am a freelance writer usually found with a Guardian Travel hat on. I also do other stuff, which you can peruse on the handy column to your right. I am 24 and have been a season ticket holder at West Ham for roughly 13 years. But don’t worry; this won’t all be about West Ham. My best moment in football was when Paul Kitson equalised against Aston Villa in the League Cup match that never was in 1998 because we had fielded Manny Omoyinmi, who once went out with a mate of mine, and who was ineligible for the game because he had played for Gillingham on loan in a previous round.

1 comment:

isfootballbetterthansex said...

So, I (girlfriend) after reading this post just jumped on him (benji) in an inviting 'lets go downstairs and have sex' way and I got told 'fuck off I'm playig ISS'! That's the answer to my question then! Next time I'll dress as Tevez.